Central Vietnam : Culture, Nature and Beaches
If you are looking for a blend of culture and heritage, national parks and beaches, Central Vietnam is definitely a great pick for your travels in Vietnam.
Easily acessible, the region can be reached through airports in Hué or Danang. The train gives access to most major destinations in the region and the bus network is quite big.
If you are looking for an eco-friendly accomodation, an ethical restaurant or sustainable tourism activities, you can find them on Holiable and refine your search depending on the green characteristics that are important to you.
Central Vietnam highlights
The Center of Vietnam is rich for it’s history and culture. The imperial town of Hué is only one example of that.
The region is a nice blend of destinations for eco-friendly travellers:
- Nature lovers will have the choice between the less touristy villages of the Northern part of this region or the spectacular Along Bay on Lan
- Adventure travellers as well as slow travellers will appreciate the Phong Na Ke Bang National Park with the widest dry caves in the world
- If you are more of a culture and heritage fan, heading to Hué or Hoi An can be good options
- And finally beach lovers will be happy to visit the central vietnam coast
- In this region you will have the choice from homestays in more remote villages to luxury resorts on the coast
- If you are in a Homestay and decide to eat there, it’s good to know that prices can be negotiated
- Check the sustainable principles of the accomodation you are staying at and make sure you respect them during your stay
- Read reviews of sustainable travellers that went there before you, find them here
- All accomodation owners will register your passport upon check-in, make sure you get it back
- Don’t forget to relax
Food and Drink
- Central vietnam is the region where the food is the most elaborate accoring to many.
- A lot of Cooking classes are organized in the region
- It is very common that restaurants only serve one specialty. To know what the restaurant offers, read the sign and you’ll know what’s on the menu
- Make sure you are aware of the price of what you ordered before you order it, it will avoid any problems once you ask for the bill
- It is very common to have bikes for free from your homestay or hotel here, and it would be a pity not to take the opportunity to ride accross the country side
- Central Vietnam is very famous among military tourism fans, and the most important place to visit is the Vietnamese Demilitarized Zone
- If you are looking for culture, Hué the Imperial Capital can be a good choice
- Hoi An is a must see place in the region according to many, our experience of this world heritage site left us with mixed feelings, you can read more about it here
- For a break at the beach, be aware that all beaches do not have lifeguards on watch and currents can be dangerous depending on the season
Choose you beach depending on your style, knowing that some beaches are highly touristy not a good choice if you want to be alone