Eco-friendly Travel in Belgium
The Kingdom of Belgium is a small western European country, with 11.4 million inhabitants.
Bordered by The Netherlands, France, Luxembourg and Germany, Belgium is at the crossroads of Europe.
The most famous cities in Belgium are Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, Bruges and Liege.
The country has a lot of touristic interest.
Between arts, culture, historical monuments or coastline cities, there’s a choice for every travel style.
If you are looking for accommodation, a restaurant, or an activity that meets your eco-friendly expectations, make your choice easier with Holiable and its selection of eco-friendly tourism businesses in France.
Sustainable travel in Belgium
Easy to get to, Belgium is also known for being an environmentally friendly country.
Once in Belgium, most cities can be travelled to by train. Getting around the Belgium cities you will visit, you’ll have the choice to walk, cycle, or take the tram.
Most cities have a reliable tram system, and a famous tram line connects all the towns on the coast, almost up to the French border.
Green Lodging in Belgium :
our recommendations for eco-travellers
- Book your accommodation in advance.
- Avoid intermediaries and book directly with the lodging owner
- Check the integrity of the comments (and yes, that’s what we’re here for)
- Respect the sustainable rules of the business in which you are staying.
Food & Drink businesses:
What we recommend to sustainable travellers:
- Gastronomy in Belgium is a thing. From Chocolates to Waffles, Beer and Cheese, you’ll have hard times choosing what your favourite Belgian speciality is
- A lot of high-end restaurants can be found in large cities
- Organic, Vegan and Vegetarian eateries are developing rapidly.
- Taste, enjoy, and tell us what you think
Good ecotourism things to know:
- Belgium is a country with a rich history and counted numerous artists. If you are a cultural tourism fan, you’ll probably want to visit every city.
- The green lung of Belgium is the Ardennes. If you are looking to reconnect to nature, or sleep in a tree house, head there without hesitation
- Belgium counts 65 kilometres of coastline. A beach lovers paradise. In summer and during the weekend, beaches can get very crowded. Beaches in Belgium stretch a long way at low tide, ideal for joggers, walkers and horse riders.
- Belgium is also a country where people like to enjoy and get together. Numerous bars, nightclubs, festivals will allow you to join the movement and appreciate the Belgian way of life.
- As in the rest of the world, bring back countless memories, leave nothing but footprints.