Sustainable tourism in Auvergne Rhône Alpes
Second largest tourism region in France, the Auvergne Rhone Alps Destination stretches from the Massif Central to the Alps.
It includes 12 French departments: Ain, Allier, Ardèche, Cantal, Drôme, Isère, Loire, Haute-Loire, Puy-de-Dôme, Rhône, Lyon, Savoie and Haute-Savoie.
The Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region, with its major cities such as Lyon, Grenoble and Annecy, its volcanoes and rural landscapes, not forgetting the unmissable Alps, can be visited in all seasons and has many advantages when it comes to sustainable tourism.
Whether you are looking for accommodation, a restaurant or a leisure activity for your eco-friendly trip in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, Holiable helps you to find the places that are committed to sustainable tourism and to know more about their eco-friendly characteristics.
Eco-friendly travel in Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
The Auvergne Rhône Alpes region has been involved in sustainable tourism for many years.
A commitment confirmed in a manifesto on benevolent and local tourism published in 2020.
The Auvergne Rhône Region is suitable for all styles of travelers.
Whether you dream of visiting the gorges of the Ardèche, the Volcanoes of Auvergne, or whether you are a fan of hiking or skiing.
The national and regional natural parks are numerous, discovery activities in the form of adventure are abundant and the city of Lyon, French capital of gastronomy will delight many.
Find an environmentally friendly holiday accommodation in Auvergne Rhone Alpes
Green camping, glamping in unique cabins, farm stays or eco-friendly bed and breakfast, accommodations committed to sustainable development in Auvergne Rhône Alpes are available in all styles.
- Direct booking with the hosts, it’s always better to book directly with them.
- Learn about the green features of the place, and apply the eco-actions recommended by your host during your stay.
- Check the opinions of responsible travelers who have already visited on Holiable
Food & Drink
Auvergne Rhône Alpes, a destination with a thousand flavors
Auvergne Rhône Alpes is a territory turned towards gastronomy.
Land of agriculture and breeding, you will find a multitude of local produce to be tasted during your stay in its different regions.
The city of Lyon is famous throughout the world as THE French capital of gastronomy. A stop in one of its “bouchons” (typical restaurant of the city) is certainly a must-see step to include in your bucket list during a city break in this city.
- Take advantage of the many city and village markets to buy your produce directly from the producers.
- The offer of fast good (fast but healthy restaurant) as well as the offer of vegetarian cuisine is being actively developed in the big cities of the region.
- In large cities, forget the car and overuse public transportation or shared bike systems. Some regions are easily reached by train
- .Unlimited hiking, in some of the most beautiful villages of France, the Rhône Alpes region has many small hidden treasures to be discovered during a hike.
- Like everywhere else, in Auvergne Rhône Alpes, take the time to discover by practicing slow tourism, the region lends itself to it wonderfully.