Eco-friendly restaurants, eat healthy around the world
You eat healthy at home and you think it’s not possible outside your home? Here’s the good news: finding a sustainable restaurant just a stone’s throw from your home, or on the other side of the world is getting easier and easier.
First because there are more and more of them and second because you just landed in the right place.
Holiable was designed to help sustainable travellers find eco-responsible restaurants that match their lifestyle, managed in a sustainable way, at home or around the world.
Sustainable restaurants for all styles
Not all sustainable restaurants are the same, each offer is different and some are more specialized than others. Beyond offering a culinary experience to their customers, they all have a point: committing to sustainable development
Eco-friendly eateries made easy:
- Stop misconceptions : an eco-friendly restaurant doesn’t serve only salads and acai bowls
- In general, they have one common point: serving fresh, seasonal and local produce
- They serve fish smartly and fight against unsustainable fishing methods
- Ont un menu adapté à nos palais de voyageurs responsables, et ne proposent pas que trois feuilles de salade en sachet à nos amis Vegans
- They know meat should be served sustainably (do you know the CO2 emissions of a steak?)
- They promote sustainable agriculture, and not only organic products. They like short supply chains and like you they don’t feel like eating pesticides.
- They like revisiting local dishes and promoting the gastronomical heritage of their region.
- Most of them are involved with local populations, some of them are solidarity restaurants
To make your choice even easier, in addition to the useful info about restaurants, Holiable gives you their eco-friendly characteristics. That’s what we call the green features.
To go further, rediscover our article on what is a sustainable restaurant and what makes them different