When we review a listing, we tell you about our experience, and we summarize our feeling to give you our overall opinion on how eco-friendly we thought the experience was.
That’s what we call the Ho-Feel
To make it easier, we symbolized it with an icon, that you can see in the title of the business description or on the card summaries.
The Ho-Feel can be either green, silver or gold. The more it tends to gold, the higher we think it meets our sustainable travel philosophy.
The points we take in consideration for our reviews all relate to sustainability: the people, the planet, and the profit
Here are a few examples:
- commitment to preserving the local culture and heritage
- preservation of the local gastronomy
- conservation of natural resources and energy
- actions to raise awareness on the local biodiversity
- offering seasonal, local produce
- waste management…
- favoring local employment
- offering access to training
- giving back
Giving a review or a feeling does not make us a certification entity, and guess what:
That will never be our job (many official green certifications are very good at that)
Our reviews and other travelers reviews make eco-friendly travel planning easier.
We created Holiable to :
- bring you a vision
- give you green travel choices
- make your eco-friendly travel planning easier
- make you discover authentic experiences
- all in all, make you enjoy your next sustainable holidays!