- Bicycle rental
- Green amenities
- Green cleaning products
- No plastic bottles
- Renewable energy
- Smart lights
- Smart Water Management
- Towel reuse
- Vegetarian friendly
Holiable's Review of Six Senses Con Dao
The Six Sense Con Dao is on the Con Son island, the largest island of the Can Dao archipelago.
To get there, you will have to choose between the air or the sea.
Direct flights operate daily from Ho Chi Minh or Can Tho (Mekong Delta region).
Getting there by boat is possible by High-Speed Boat from Soc Trang (Mekong Delta) and would take roughly three hours.
An overnight boat trip (12 hours) is possible from Vung Tau. Boat trips are scheduled daily from may to July (dry season) but are dependent on the weather the rest of the time.
All Six Sense resorts around the world are set in remote destinations and are surrounded by nature.
The Can Dao resort respects that philosophy. The Archipelago is a preserved nature and marine reserve where tourism has only started developing.
The history of Con Son island is quite strong as it is a former prison created under the French settlement. Also used by the Americans and Vietnamese, the conditions were extreme for the prisoners.
Con Dao has now become a significant pilgrimage site where Vietnamese pay tribute to all the heroes of the country.
Six Sense Con Dao is built as a traditional fisherman village, and all buildings are in wood. The resort faces a 1 km long private beach where turtles nest regularly.
The architecture of the resort is built to respect the topography of the landscape, and you can hardly see it from the island's unique road when coming from the airport.
50 villas are spread between the beach and the mangrove. All of them have private pools and face the ocean. Some have direct access to the beach.
Going around the resort is done either with your allocated bicycle, walking or using the electric buggy service.
The villas are of contemporary design highlighting local materials; bathrooms are immense with clean and natural amenities and an outdoor shower.
Six Sense Con Dao has a remarkable eco-conception and respects the general sustainability principles of the group:
- Every resort minimises their ecological impact as much as possible
- Programs are put in place to conserve energy, re-use water for secondary application and recycle waste
- Water in the rooms here is heated thank's to solar panels
- Only eco-friendly chemicals are used, and food and beverages need to be produced locally and packaging to be kept to an absolute minimum. No plastic is allowed in six sense con day operations
Six Sense Con Dao has taken specific commitments on its site for the environments as well as for the local community
- Bay Protection Program: The resort has created a long-term partnership with the National Park to help protect the seagrass areas which are the largest around the zone and dugong's main source of food. The population of Dugongs around Can Dao is thought to be of only 12 animals left.
- Water for Kids: The resort uses it's own Crystal Water system to filter drinking water and make it available to all guests. Water is complimentary in all rooms, but when bought at the restaurants 50% of the price goes to a new Crystal Water System to supply clean drinking water to schools of the area.
- Swimming lessons: Drowning is a major cause of death for young children in Vietnam. The Six Senses Can Dao has committed to provide swimming lessons to the children of the island, starting by the resort families and reaching out to schools of the island.
The resort offers two restaurants.
The Market restaurant in the centre of the resort is a 100% Vietnam cuisine. The By the Beach restaurant is a mix of international and local specialities, with a focus on seafood and fish.
The resort also produces it's very own ice cream free for all guests all day long
The resort proposes a variety of free or paid activities and a weekly program is given to you upon arrival by your GEM (Guest Experience Maker).
The activities are quite diverse and convenient for all traveller styles:
- Treks in the primary forest
- Cultural guides visits
- Snorkelling or diving trips
- Local life tours
Water activities at the beach are made easy with kayaks and water paddles available for guests.
The resort also has a Spa with many treatments to choose from
Staying at the Six Sense Con Dao is an ultimate experience where luxury and sustainability are combined with perfection.
At every step of your stay, you will feel that the everything is done to make you live an unforgettable experience while respecting the people and the places that are surrounding you.
Eco-friendliness at it's best!
Suitable for: luxury resort, nature lovers, beach fans, diving trips, culture & heritageHoliable Review Based on our visit in: October 2018