GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE
The purpose of the General Terms of Service (T&Cs) is to define the terms and conditions that govern the relationship between users and the Holiable publisher.
These conditions constitute a contractual agreement, with no time limit.
By registering on the Holiable site, the user acknowledges having read and accepted the T&Cs.
Definition of terms
SERVICE: all websites published by OKANKO SAS, its partners, founders, directors or employees (hereinafter Holiable, the site or “we”).
User: The Internet user who consults the site.
Tourism Business: Any organization or company of tourism activites (lodging, food and drink businesses, leisure activities, tours and excursions)
Listing: Descriptive page of a tourism business, including its contact details, a description of its eco-friendly characteristics (green credentials) and its location.
Reviews: The listings can be reviewed by users.
Comments : Users can comment on the articles in the news section of the site.
Definition of services:
Holiable is a platform dedicated to sustainable tourism and responsible travel.
Holiable lists tourism businesses throughout the world with environnementally friendly characteristics and sustainable tourism practices.
The service allows users to search for accommodation, food and drink businesses, leisure activities related to sustainable tourism. Different selection criteria allow the user to refine his search.
The site allows tourism businesses to gain visibility with users by creating a listing, governed by the general terms of sales currently being drafted.
Any user can consult the content of the site free of charge.
User registration is required to:
- Give an opinion / a review, on a business already listed on the platform
- Suggest an eco-friendly tourism business to be listed
User registration is possible by providing a username and email, or by using social networks such as Facebook® or Twitter.
By registering through social networks, the user only communicates his email to Holiable. Under no circumstances does Holiable have access to any other personal data concerning the users social accounts, may publish in its name or see its private publications.
The personal data that the user consents to communicate via his registration will only be used for the following purposes:
- Identification on the site
- Reminder of login credentials in case of loss or forgetfulness
- Sending information that we think may be of interest to the user (newsletters, contests…)
The user may unsubscribe from the Site at any time by sending a request to email@example.com
A confirmation by email of the un subscription will be sent at the end of the un subscription which takes effect on the date of this confirmation by HOLIABLE.
COOKIES AND PERSONAL DATA
SUGGESTING A BUSINESS
Users can suggest to Holiable to list a busines that they consider to be eco-friendly and that they wish to share with other users.
Individual users have access to this service free of charge
The suggestion is made by filling out a form. Some fields are mandatory and identified by an asterisk (*). For example, they must give a description, the name of the establishment or its green features.
When submitting the form, the user will be proposed to submit photos with the suggestion.
By uploading photos to the form, the user accepts and grants Holiable the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publicly display these photos on the platform or to use them in Holiables communication tools, in particular on social networks
Once submitted, the form will be reviewed by the administrators of the Holiable site. The administrators grant themselves the right to modify or add elements. Holiable reserves the right not to list, publish a file concerning the business if it does not correspond to the criteria of listing or the object of the platform.
Any user suggesting an establishment undertakes to provide accurate information about the establishment it proposes.
OPINIONS AND COMMENTS
Submitting a comment requires users to communicate their name and email. The user’s email will never be published on the platform.
Submitting a review on a listing requires being registered on the platform.
Reviews reflect the subjective opinion of the users on the experience they have had, and Holiable or Okanko S.A.S could in no way be held responsible for the comments made by its users.
Any comment or review will be moderated by the sites administrators before its publication
Any user submitting a review on an experience or a comment on an article undertakes not to distribute through the site the following type of content:
- Content (text, data, graphics, image) that is false, illegal, defamatory, abusive, obscene, pornographic, degrading, indecent, threatening, disrespectful of privacy rights, abusive, fraudulent or reprehensible
- Content that contravenes the rights of third parties, in particular any intellectual property right, right to the image, or the privacy of private life
- Content that belittles or denigrates the activities or notoriety of an individual or a company,
- Content likely to violate public order or contravene legal provisions relating to defamation, the protection of minors and minorities,
- Religious, political or racial content.
- Content promoting or encouraging illegal activities, criminal offences or providing information on how to carry them out,
Any comments or reviews will be moderated by the site administrators before they are published. Holiable reserves the right not to publish any opinions or comments that do not meet user obligations.
Users undertake to use the Site in a fair manner, in accordance with its professional purpose and with the legal and regulatory provisions, these Conditions and current practices.
As a consequence all users undertake never to:
- Transmit, publish, distribute, record or destroy any material, in particular Holiable’s content, in violation of applicable laws or regulations regarding the collection, processing or transfer of personal information.
- Create fictitious profiles
- Obtain passwords or personal identification data from other Users and/or attempt to imitate or impersonate a person
- To endanger or attempt to endanger the security of the site and its Users by attempting to scan, control or test the vulnerability of a system/network, or by transmitting/activating computer viruses.
Violations of system or network security can lead to civil and criminal proceedings.
Unavailability and activities:
OKANKO SAS cannot be held responsible for any interruption of the site having a technical, ( material or equipment), administrative or judicial cause.
It is also released from any liability in the event of force majeure.
OKANKO SAS may at any time definitively cease the activity of the site, without this giving rise to any right to any compensation for users, members and associations.
Responsibilities towards tourism business owners:
Holiable being an indexing/listing platform it does not allow to book or carry out transactions between a user and a tourist establishment directly on the platform, but refers to third party links if the user would like to contact the establishment.
Therefore OKANKO S.A.S. cannot be held responsible in the event of a commitment or contract between users and the listed tourist establishments, nor for its possible consequences.
All information relating to eco-friendly travel experiences listed on the Holiable platform is provided for information purposes only, and OKANKO cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
OKANKO SAS cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any damage or consequence, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from the interpretation or use of the information and/or documents available on this site.
Holiable does not guarantee any content, opinions, reviews or recommendations expressed by its users.
Continued use of the service after any changes have been made to Holiable’s terms and conditions of use constitutes acceptance of the amended terms and conditions.