- Free bicycle
- Green amenities
- Green cleaning products
- No plastic bottles
- Smart lights
- Smart Water Management
- Towel reuse
Our Review of the Zetter Hotel
The Zetter Hotel is located in the trendy district of Clerkenwell.
A few steps away from St Paul’s Cathedral, this designer district is packed with restaurants, designer shops and historical streets.
Just one “tube” station away from King’s Cross – St Pancras International Train Station, the Zetter is ideal if you’re travelling to London by train.
The area is central, and you’ll be just a few minutes from any district of London you want to visit.
The Zetter Hotel is one of the three hotels of the Zetter Group and one of the pioneering hotels in London regarding sustainability.
This former warehouse transformed into a stylish boutique hotel of around 60 rooms was awarded Gold from Green Tourism.
From the start of its renovation, the hotel was thought green.
A few examples of what makes the building eco-friendly:
- First and foremost, the hotel has its borehole beneath the building. Used for the air-conditioning, the loos, and to cool the fridges
- Construction material used for the building renovation come from sustainable sources, all paints in the rooms are eco-friendly
The hotel offers several types of rooms. From standard rooms with reasonable price points to deluxe rooftop rooms with a private terrace.
Not only are all the rooms beautifully decorated and cosy, but first and foremost are packed with eco-credentials.
- Toiletries, although not refillable, are all from a clean cosmetics brand from the uk
- On site filtered water is complimentary in all rooms
- The hotel has a no/low plastic policy, and you’ll see no plastic bottles or straws in the premise
- Energy saving is everywhere: from smart lights to heating, and air-con automatically switched off as you open the windows
- Mini bars are mainly packed with local and or fair-trade products
- You can borrow the tote bag and umbrella during your stay if you forgot yours
The hotel has a bar and restaurant that we did not test during our stay. What we can tell you is that the owners are part of the founding members of the Sustainable Restaurants Association: a promise to eat in a place highlighting locally produced food.
If you want to discover the area, the hotel in addition to lending bikes for free to their guests will provide you with fun walks to do in the neighbourhood or off the beaten path streets of London
An excellent way of discovering the city. Read the one, we did, here
It’s location, and the cosiness of its rooms made it a boutique hotel to die for on paper.
Their eco-credentials and sustainable practices (that they are quite discreet about) made it a place we would make our home every time we go to London if we could.
Good For: Urban travel, city breaks, designer hotels